On the 16th of January, the SaltGae project had its second stakeholder meeting entitled “Algae to Treat Saline Wastewater as a useful resource”. It is taking place in Israel in the Ben Gurion University.
The aim of this meeting is to collect opinions and views about the technologies developed in the project as well as the current issues and challenges faced by stakeholders in the area of wastewater treatment. Experts in the field attended to learn more about the preliminary results of the project. It also included a visit to the demo site located in Arava.
Below the programme of the event:
- 10:00 Prof. Noam Weisbrod – Director of the Desert Research Institute
- 10:30 Prof. Amit Gross – Director of the Zuckerberg Institute for Water Research
- 11:00 Prof. Jack Gilron – Head of Department of Desalination & Water Treatment
- 11:30 Dr. Aliza Zarka – Microalgal Biotechnology Laboratory – French Associates Institute for Agriculture and Biotechnology of Drylands (Sammy Boussiba)
- 12:00 Mr. Oded Distel – Director, Foreign Trade Administration, Israel Ministry of Economy – Israel NewTech Investment Promotion Center. Venture capital
SALTGAE AS A USEFUL RECOVERY SOLUTION
- 12:45 Mr. Robert Reinhart – SaltGae Project: results achieved and demo sites
- Visit to Arava Demo Site – Aquaculture Wastewater Treatment